recipe by Colleen Green
- 2 pounds of lamb stew meat
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Watkins brand “Herbes de Provence” (rosemary, marjoram, thyme)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 9-15 green olives with pimento
- half a bag of baby carrots
Combine carrots, garlic, and herb seasoning in a 5-6 quart slow-cooker, season with salt and pepper.
Place 3 tablespoons of flour on a plate.
Season lamb with salt and pepper, coat in flour, shake off excess, and set aside.
In large skillet pour the extra-virgin olive oil. Heat lamb in skillet in small batches over medium high heat until browned on all sides. Transfer to crock-pot.
Add wine to skillet. Use wooden spoon to scrape up left over brown bits in pan. Cook wine in medium heat until it is reduced by about half.
Add mixture to crock-pot and cover.
Cook on low about 4-5 hours. Last twenty minutes, add the olives.
Want more articles and recipes?
Click on the “sign me up” button to follow this blog.
You will be notified via email when I post new articles.