by Colleen Green
When planning where to go after the quarantine is lifted, consider supporting a local Ohio business called Young’s Jersey Dairy. Months ago, during my visit there, I was inspired to make a made from scratch meal. Probably because after eating their fresh food at their restaurant, my body demanded more than a frozen meal. I had bought a block of Gouda cheese from The Golden Jersey Inn. The recipe I created was so yummy my boyfriend had two for lunch. Make this today and enjoy.
Below is from their website
The Golden Jersey Inn is a barn with open wood beam framing and wood plank siding. It was constructed with wood pegs and authentic style joinery very similar to our red barn that was built in 1869.
The interior is really impressive with the big 9 by 13 inch oak timber frames, and a ceiling over 30 feet high!
The Golden Jersey Inn seats about 170 guests. It has a gift shop located just inside the front entrance that doubles as a waiting area.
Italian Gouda Hamburger
1 lb. of ground beef
Block of Gouda cheese
Salt and pepper
Italian bread crumbs
- Take ground beef and put it into a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sliced mushrooms. I used 1/4 cup, but you can use more.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs add to mixture.
- Add 3 tbsp. of Italian dressing to mixture.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp. of dill relish.
- Mix the ingredients in bowl with clean hands until thoroughly combined.
- Slice 5 pieces of cheese off your block. Crumble it and add it to the mixture.
- Stir with wooden spoon until all combined.
- Make into patties. Makes 6.
- Grill patties.
- When done, put patties on bun and add condiments.
#youngsjerseydairy #hamburger #recipe
#dinner #meal #vlasicpickle #Italian #food #Gouda #quarantine #local
Young’s Jersey Dairy
6880 Springfield Xenia Rd.
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Visit Young’s Jersey Dairy for their restaurants, ice-cream, minature golf course, feed the goats, batting cages, driving range for golf, and gift shop. I’m going back in the fall this year. See ya there.
Website for Info:
Follow this blog to get notified via
email when I post restaurant reviews,
Ohio & Kentucky events, book promos, and recipes.
Click on the “follow” button.